My March, in books and more
What a month. My daughter had major back surgery this month and life took a big pause as we rally around her to support her healing. There was lots of downtime as she slept and rested. Thankfully, my brain let me escape into reading.
- Lincoln in the Bardo by George Sanders
- Giant Days, Issue 36 by John Allison
- Saga, Volume 1: by Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples
- Saga, Volume 2: by Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples
- Saga, Volume 3: by Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples
- The Doll’s Alphabet by Camilla Grudova
- The Food Explorer: The True Adventures of the Globe-Trotting Botanist Who Transformed What America Eats Daniel Stone
- Moxie Jennifer Mathieu
- Saga, Volume 4 Brian K. Vaughan
- Saga, Volume 5 Brian K. Vaughan
- Saga, Volume 6 Brian K. Vaughan
My favorite reads of the month were Lincoln in the Bardo by George Sanders (my review!) and The Food Explorer by Daniel Stone. It was so much fun to revisit the Saga comic and read way beyond the point I had originally stopped.
From Around the Book Blogging World
The Wicked Deep by Shea Ernshaw reviewed by Michelle at That’s What She Read
Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi, reviewed by Gin Jenny at Reading the End
These were fun
How I Met My Favorite Books by Paper Fury totally made me think about how I “met” my favorite books! Also made me want to reread a few.
Reading Makes You Healthy over at Fictionophile is all you need to show those in your life that sitting around reading all the time is actually GOOD FOR YOU. Who needs cardio?
I’m reading (or trying to) Anna Karenina for Anna in April! #annainapril on Twitter
Have you listened to LeVar Burton Reads yet? Here’s why you should listen.
My favorite new recipe of the month was this delicious Tomato, Basil, and Fresh Mozzarella Tart.