Hi there! Sorry, I didn’t mean to disappear. Daughter lost my Chromebook charger, which basically meant blogging life ground to a halt. And here I was, excited to do a month in review!
24. George Washington’s Secret Six: The Spy Ring That Saved the American Revolution by Brian Kilmeade, Don Yaeger, read by Brian Kilmeade
25. A Separation by Katie Kitamura, read by Katherine Waterston
26. The Summer Book by Tove Janssen
27. Bear Town by Fredrik Backman
28. House of Names by Colm Toíbín, read by Juliet Stevenson, Charlie Anson, and Pippa Nixon
29. Giant Days, Issue 26 by John Allison
30. Pachinko by Min Jin Lee
May was, without a doubt, my best reading month in 2017 (so far, I hope!). I read 6 books and all of them were great. Min Jin Lee knocked it out of the park with Pachinko (it may be my favorite book of the year) (I know it’s early to say that) (I don’t care), The Summer Book was every bit as charming as I thought it would be, House of Names was an unexpected (and enjoyable) return to historical fiction, which I used to adore but haven’t read much of in years, and Fredrik Backman just NEVER disappoints me. Bear Town was no exception. All in all, a great month. Here’s hoping June is just as fantastic!
Other activities in May include wrapping up my class Books and Images at my alma mater. It was so fun and I learned a lot about making books. I also started watching Community with my daughter and it is just hilarious. Donald Glover slays me. And I watched the movie Bad Moms with Mila Kunis and it made me feel a little better about myself. Some days I need all the help I can get!