I almost thought I shouldn’t post my 2017 recap. It feels too late, but what the heck right? It’s my life and dannnnng I love wrap up posts.
- 2017 was a rough reading year. Starting with the election in 2016 all the way through to the end of 2017, I had little focus, little motivation, little desire to read.
- I did manage (at the actual last minute) to read 100 stories. I mean literally. 11:59 pm December 31st, I finished my last book.
- My fiction to non-fiction ratio was lower than I would like. Still 20% nonfiction is better than previous years.
- My diversity ratio was better than previous years (25% of my reading was what I consider diverse) but I need to do better. I’m shooting for 50% this year.
- My audiobook reads fell off at the end of the year. Thanks TuneIn. I hope this picks back up.
- My comics reading really slacked off. Thanks to having two house payments, money is tight. I had to let some (as in all but one) subscriptions go. I also kicked Comixology Unlimited to the curb. (sad face)
- My average rating was 3.995. Yay free range reading!
- Longest book was The Girls Complete Collection by the Luna Brothers – 608 pages
- As you can see below, December was craaaaaazy. I read A LOT. It was glorious.
Here is a link to all the books I read in 2017 (via Goodreads).
Total Books 2017
Total Pages 2017
Total Time Spent Listening
6 Days, 5 Hours, 4 Minutes
All in all, while 2017 may not have brought me the QUANTITY I may have wanted, I definitely had QUALITY. Here’s hoping 2018 is kind to both of us.